Monday, February 8, 2010
I Am A Digital Learner (#2 late)
I consider myself a digital learner. I love computers in all shapes and forms. I am a big gamer, and as such have a large dependence on computers and technology. I know what computer parts are what, which are the most important, and when I need to upgrade. To have computers available to learn with in school would be a dream come true. I type a lot better than I can write, which is not a bad thing as computers are my thing. Computers provide a wealth of information for teachers to plan interactive courses around. Health classes have on the spot diagrams, science classes can get the periodic table in seconds. This is all available to students and teachers. The problem that teachers are afraid of is all of the mature content on the Internet. Rather than trusting the students,the decide to block every site with even a link or reference. This is irrational as some sites have their own blockers, and contain art that the student may have accessed at home,but cannot access at school. As netwoks can be monitored, teachers must trust students and discipline those that misuse the computers, rather than block everything. I would love computers in school,but steps must be implemented first, and they must be thought out beforehand.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment