Monday, March 8, 2010
Dream Job
My dream job is be a programmer for LucasArts. I love video games, and play them all the time, and as well love Star Wars. LucasArts is the video game company for Star Wars, and that's why I want to work there. Programming has lots to do with math and problem solving, and that's what I love. Their job is to build the game engine, the software that allows the game to be read by the machine and then displayed on screen. It's what allows for certain game mechanics to take place, like throwing people across the room with the Force. They do this through code, a string of numbers of letters that make up equations that the computer reads and interperets into visul effects. All software has a programmer take part in it, but video games are my calling. I always wanted to go into video games, or at least since around I was 7 or 8 I think. Being a programmer was just the job that happened to fit my abilities.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
LAWL nerd :D
ReplyDelete