Monday, March 1, 2010

The Olympics

I didn't really watch the Olympics. I hoped Canada would do awesome, but I am way more of a gamer and as such, played video games. I watched some of the curling, Patrick Chan because of the hype, and some of the hockey. I didn't watch the final game, but I was really happy none the less. I wasn't that much involved with it, but during the gold medal events, opening ceremonies and closing, I was filled with pride. Nothing but. I can't really pick one in particular, but one of my favourite moments was during the opening ceremonies when the one guy did his We Are More speech. I was so happy, and so filled with pride. It was awesome. As a nation, we really came together. When we won the hockey, I would have hated to be the US. Why? When we won, there was a sea of red. While we were getting our team picture, the US was trudging off in the background, and thing was, the wave of red and white was alive, cheering and just freaking out-all for Canada. That would be so depressing.

1 comment:

  1. I wasn't that into watching the Olympics either. I only watched the last minute of the hockey game really, and yes, I do agree that I wouldn't want to be one of the U.S players. That would really suck to be in that situation.

    ReplyDelete