Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Faceb00k Privacy

I have a Faceb00k account, but only for the sake of having one. I log on every once in a while and I've got hundreds of requests that ake forever to delete. I don't have much personal information on it, but after reading this, I want to log on and change everything to private. It is a complete invasion of privacy on the companies part, and plain stupidity on the people. Even before the changes, people should have things set to friends only, and not put a whole bunch of info online. It is a constant message braocast across any site with user accounts to never give out personal information over the Internet. But now that I think about, Faceb00k has none of these, even if it's a social networking site, it should still warn people. When new users create their accounts, it should either go through a step by step process to select settings, or automatically set for private. Friend requests from people you don't know should be ignored, and people really need to be careful.
I dislake Faceb00k for the most part. It has alright games and sure you can talk to people, but it gets in the way much to often. People always have giant amounts friend from their school, and yet no one knows each other usually. I have one only to check thnigs once in a while and thats it. Even my email I check rarely (although I am trying to change that). Faceb00needs to change, but so do laws against privacy invasion and date protection.

No comments:

Post a Comment