Monday, April 19, 2010

Gradebooks

On Friday we got our gradebooks, and it was wonderful. I am currently sitting at above ninety in every class, with my highest mark being a tie between science and social at 94. These are the marks I am most proud of because I thought that science at least would be a bit lower. I struggled a bit in both classes last year, science the most, but I pulled my marks up by the end of the year, made the honour roll, and am aiming for the same thing this year.

What I find strange is that my favourite and best subject is math, yet its only at a 90, 91. While this would be enough for most people, I feel I can do a lot better and am wondering why my mark is where it is. I'm pretty sure its because I make stupid mistakes and don't check, but I don't recall that many.

Overall though, my marks are excellent. I've all 90s, or all As, which every way you want to see it. I don't care how there represented. Marks are marks, whether there experience points, numbers, letters, or stars. Getting high marks secures not only some self-confidence that you can do things, but it also opens up lots of job opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment