Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Spring Break

I didn't do much over Spring break. I stayed up late, slept in late, and played video games in my free time. Sometimes I had to take the dogs for a walk with dad, or go shopping, or some chores, but it wasn't that exciting. I had pizza, drank pop, basically just sat around the house all day, every day. The most exiciting thing that happened was my dad getting stomach sick (woohoo...). Hes recovering slowly.

My mom couldn't eat for two days for a doctors apoitment, and she was severly lacking in energy by the end of it. There were some good things for them though. Saturday night they had a mini party, and I got my favorite pizza cooked. Played more video games, stayed late, etc. It was actually kind of boring in terms of what happened, but the break was a lot of fun.

Students need breaks like this, in order to recouperate, or think about hwat they've learned, or to plan outings with friends they havn't seen for a while. Going with no breaks save Xmas and summer would be just grueling day in day out. Having breaks gives students something to look forward to. It might even make them work harder so that they don't have homework over the break.

No comments:

Post a Comment